Is a Prodigy Membership Worth It?All Posts
“Is a Prodigy Membership worth it?”
It’s an important question to ask (since kids “need” to have all the apps 😅).
While Prodigy is always free to play, upgrading to a Premium Membership unlocks extra rewards and game content for your child!
But if you’re considering a Membership, you might find yourself asking these questions:
- Is it worth it?
- What’s the value?
- Is it necessary for my child?
- What does it actually provide?
We’re here to support you! This guide to Premium Memberships will outline everything you need to know to make an informed decision that works best for your family.
- The main benefits of Memberships [Is it worth it?]
- The specific features Memberships offer [What does it provide?]
- How the benefits of Memberships work [What’s the value?]
- What Prodigy is like without Memberships [Is it necessary?]
1. Is a Membership worth it?
“What are the benefits of a Membership?”
“Is it worth buying?”
Most parents choose Premium Memberships for one of these three reasons:
- A Membership is a convenient reward that motivates your child to keep learning
- It promotes independent learning and productive screen time
- It’s an easy way to support your child and help them develop a growth mindset
On top of this, your child will also:
- Feel more motivated to achieve learning goals
- Become more confident and comfortable with math
- Find more joy in learning and develop a positive attitude towards math
All these benefits will set your child up for incredible success, both in school and beyond.
The more they engage with and have fun learning now, the more they’ll love learning for the rest of their lives!
2. What does a Membership provide?
“What does my child actually get with a Membership?”
The educational content in Prodigy’s game-based learning platform will always be free, forever. It’s a vital part of our mission to help every student in the world love learning.
Because of this, Premium Memberships make Prodigy more exciting for students to play, without changing the educational experience. This means access to tons of awesome features that enhance gameplay. 🌟
- Level up 50% faster
- Access to exclusive gear
- Ride an exclusive cloud mount
- Unlock special treasure chests
- Extra prize wheel spins each day
- Monthly gift boxes with exclusive items
- Customize your character with unique styles
- Ability to rescue all 100+ pets and evolve them!
All these features will make your child’s in-game adventure better than ever. They’ll love all the new rewards they earn while they explore the exciting world of Prodigy!
3. What’s the value of a Membership?
“How do the benefits of Memberships work?”
“Why are results better if the educational content doesn’t change?”
Like many parents, you might be curious about the value of purchasing a Membership — especially if your child already loves Prodigy and sees awesome results from it.
But the great thing about Memberships is that they can boost engagement even more, making your child extra enthusiastic to log in and build math skills.
This is great news for everyone, since more time spent playing = more time spent learning! 💪
Because of the engaging in-game features your child gets with a Membership, you’ll probably find them choosing Prodigy more often. This means more time spent using productive (and fun!) technology that can boost learning outcomes.
How do we know this?
We’ve seen it firsthand! Kids with Premium Memberships:
- Answer more questions
- Master more math skills
- Spend more time learning
When your child learns more, they achieve more and feel more confident in their abilities.
4. Is a Membership necessary?
“Does my child really need a Membership to gain the benefits of Prodigy?”
Whether your child has a Membership or not, you can find comfort in knowing:
- Your child is using a loved math product, approved by more than 1.5 million teachers!
- Playing Prodigy helps improve math skills and increase confidence
Prodigy is proven to increase math achievement. Research from Johns Hopkins University suggests math achievement can increase by 14% with just 1 hour of Prodigy per week over a school year!
Most Prodigy players will agree: the free version is still TONS of fun.
The online math game is so engaging, kids often don’t realize how much they’re actually learning (especially when they can enjoy new, exciting features like the latest Crystal Caverns adventure!).
And while the game engages your child, our adaptive algorithm always has their back, so you can be sure they’re practicing math at a pace and level that’s right for them.
The parent account
No matter what, creating a parent account will always be free. This means, Membership or not, you can always:
- Access insights and reports on your child’s learning
- Track strengths and needs to support your child’s learning progress
- Set Goals for your child and send them Rewards for their hard work
Check out our parent’s guide to prodigy for more information on Prodigy features for parents.
So, is a Premium Membership necessary to receive all the great benefits of Prodigy?
However, it does enhance all these benefits, so you get MORE of the amazing results Prodigy brings.
Since Memberships boost time spent in-game, your child will get
- Better results, faster
- More math practice and opportunities to learn
- More expansive gameplay that takes fun to the next level!
AND you’ll get more data for your parent dashboard, so you can better support their learning journey every step of the way!
Is a Prodigy Membership worth it?
These parents and teachers think so! Check out what they had to say about Premium Memberships.
Prodigy is a great motivational tool for the classroom. I was able to get Memberships for my students and for the month they had their memberships, they were a lot more active!William Winder
5th Grade Teacher
Upgrading to a Premium Membership has given my son more incentive to play. His mental math skills have really improved. He's impressing me daily with his number knowledge.Lesley P.
Ready to help your child LOVE learning? 💖
Choose the plan that’s right for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options — including yearly and family memberships that will help you save.
Have more questions about Prodigy or Premium Memberships? Comment below or join our Facebook community for more resources and tips!