We’re looking for a
Data Scientist, Marketing & Web Analytics
- Our data and marketing teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do here, will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your analytics skills to not only help kids learn but also help our marketing team to make better decisions.
- We are looking for a marketing and website analytics expert to join our growing team. As we scale our marketing efforts, the team will be looking to you for insights on the effectiveness of initiatives, and opportunities for optimization and growth. You will have the chance to apply your marketing analytics expertise to add real strategic value and ensure that we are asking and answering the right questions.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and team leads to create solutions which will directly affect Prodigy’s growth
- Help our marketing team explore, analyze, and understand their data to help marketing make channel investment decisions
- Benchmark performance across all channels and inform campaign optimization based on performance analysis
- Improve data visibility by building dashboards and charts to inform strategy, and capture market and user insights
- Implement analytics and data tracking best practices in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Work with the marketing and data teams to improve data quality to provide high quality insights and recommendations
- Help design, execute, and evaluate experiments (e.g., A/A, A/B, multivariate tests etc)
- Communicate insights, analysis, and recommendations clearly and accurately to stakeholders with a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years demonstrated analytics experience, with deep marketing analytics expertise
- Expert skills and knowledge of SQL.
- Proficiency in Python (bonus points for R)
- Expertise in working with various BI platforms (Tableau, Looker, Periscope)
- Experience with channel forecasting and attribution modelling
- Experience working with end to end user journeys in Google Analytics
- Experience working with A/B testing and experimentation
- Passion and persistence for solving hard problems, balancing speed and depth for greatest value.
- Ability to work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable steps
- A team and customer centric mindset
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in cloud ecosystems and their data tooling (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Spark
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems.
- Experience with model building, especially within marketing analytics.
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open-source software contributions, and entrepreneurship
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.