We’re looking for a
Lead - Test Automation & DevOps
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning.
- Our Engineering teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company!
- To continue our exponential growth, we are adding some more management power to our Engineering teams.
- We’re looking for an experienced Lead Test Automation & DevOps SME to help guide our team of Automation Developers in transforming the way Prodigy tests and deploys code.
- Working closely with our development, automation, and architecture teams, your role will be instrumental in defining the short, mid, and long-range vision of automation at Prodigy.
- Design, implement and deploy complex Kubernetes and AWS-based workloads from initial architecture and design through development, testing, and deployment
- Lead analysis for improving the developer team's testing best practices, release velocity, and production health
- Implement, maintain, and improve application/system monitoring to help identify key performance metrics
- Work closely with engineering teams to measure the success of their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage, and quality
- Drive visibility and continuous improvement of our delivery pipelines
- Design, document, and build systems to automate away operational problems
- Provide support for the engineering teams by troubleshooting and resolving software, pipeline and infrastructure-related issues with an eye to automating those issues away
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies and practices
- Perform system administration tasks, such as configuration management, creating and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates and supporting tools
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance
Who You Are:
- 5+ years in a formal Automation DevOps SME role, preferably in high traffic/volume environments including atleast 2+ years in coaching & mentoring a team of automation-devops engineers
- 7+ years of Unix/Linux administration experience in scalable, secure, transactional development, QA and production environments
- A strong desire to automate everything, including processes and infrastructure
- Working experience building, configuring and deploying applications to Kubernetes and AWS
- Proficiency on the command line with a good knowledge of various Linux utilities for debugging and automation purposes
- Experience testing distributed systems and applications
- Strong sense for developing with modern architecture principles (e.g. Infrastructure as Code, Immutable/Disposable/Replaceable Infrastructure, Automate-all-the-things)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RedShift)Experience scaling multi-threaded web applications
- Solid understanding of information/cloud security best practices Experience installing and configuring various monitoring solutions
- Hands-on experience providing support to Engineers, i.e. troubleshooting failed builds, troubleshooting dev/QA/prod issues
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
- Test infrastructure: Cypress, percy.io, axe-core
Bonus Points For:
- Agile workflow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.