We’re looking for a
Sr. Scrum Master (Data Science & Data Engineering)
- Prodigy is scaling quickly, and we’re looking for Sr. Scrum Masters to help us scale our Agile practices along with us. You’ll work with our Data Team through the various Scrum and Kanban ceremonies and help them tackle the unique problems and opportunities that come with rapid growth.
- Be a servant leader with experience working on of a variety of Agile projects utilizing different methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Work in a user-centric environment and be able to utilize your strong communication skills and "Radical Candor" to ensure excellent delivery
- Publish and monitor metrics concerning team throughput (e.g. on-time delivery), to inform and influence initiatives
- Collect and surface relevant metrics for all data squads and help them define their work in helpful ways
Who You Are:
- Relevant experience (five or more years) acting as a Scrum Master on different teams in data engineering, data platform, data science, web or software development environment
- Experience working with teams who do primarily exploratory work
- Experience working with teams whose work is not easily defined or broken up into smaller tasks
- Ability to facilitate high-pressure conversations with company leaders on work requests, status, iterations, and backlogs
- Experience in project management, Agile or otherwise
- Strong communication skills; a communication style that resonates with and inspires listeners, and an effective use of Agile/project management terminology to foster a common understanding of these concepts
- A firm belief in "people before process," where the latter has value, but the former has more; an emphasis on humanizing management techniques, and the constant evaluation of whether processes truly support people and solve their problems
- Experience using metrics/OKRs to measure the impact of organizational change initiatives
- A devotion to continuous self-improvement; a voracious appetite for learning new things, and a strong presence in the greater Agile community
Bonus Points For:
- Agile certifications
- Ideally a technical background in data engineering, data platform or data science, or otherwise a sophisticated understanding of product development and delivery in this context
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.