We’re looking for a
- We’re looking to hire a Creative Writer with strong writing and conceptual skills to help distill the essence of Prodigy’s personality into strategically sound written communications and campaigns that connect with people. If you love the idea of using the brand to convey a story to millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world—this role is for you. We are looking for a self-driven, detail-oriented individual to produce high-quality outputs for our India business. The Creative Writer will update existing material, generate novel work, and identify new ways to reach consumers. You should also contribute to the shaping of our stylistic guidelines. You will also be evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the company's website, and promoting the company blog by pitching articles to various third-party platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content. To be successful at your job, you should focus on appealing to consumers' interests by creating engaging material. Ultimately, an exceptional writer will promote collaboration between internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in our company's outputs.
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content.
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for company websites, blogs, marketing materials, digital campaigns and similar platforms.
- Collaborating with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Monitoring social media and company website metrics.
- Utilizing SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company's current content.
- Suggesting new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers.
- You turn strategy into ideas, and help execute them with consistency and creativity
- You collaborate with art directors, strategists, and designers to constantly level up your skills while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- You work closely with stakeholders from all corners of the company
- You have an understanding of the objectives of Prodigy and it’s different products. You build ideas that both answer those needs and push their creative limits
- You work on a wide range of writing projects in both long and short format copy —including but not limited to scripts, social media content, ads (external and internal), concept statements, and more
- You engage in user research and data analysis to ensure that your create is addressing important user pain points
- You can rapidly produce multiple concepts—knowing how to switch audiences and keep the brand voice consistent
- You can incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines and tone of voice guidelines, ensuring brand consistency across the entire company
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or a similar field.
- 3-5 years of experience in content development in a similar industry
- Experience creating strong, engaging content.
- A portfolio of applicable outputs.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
Our Core Technologies:
- Google Analytics
- Customer IO
Bonus Points For:
- Education Technology experience
- SaaS experience
- Game-based marketing
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency
- No is never the final answer - we want you to bring your fresh ideas to the team
- No micromanaging here!
- Health and other benefits at par with industry standards
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- Work life harmony, work hard, play hard
- State of the art “WeWork” office
- Exclusive Prodigy Team building activities and other fun events at WeWork
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.