We’re looking for a
- As a member of the People Operations team you'll be a champion of Prodigy’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their specializations/departments and make sure all people decisions are data-informed. You will be a trusted partner with business leadership and serve as an advisor to the business on people issues that are supported by effective measurement and evaluation.
- As an Intermediate People Partner, you'll ensure our employees experience the best that People Operations at Prodigy has to offer. This will require client-facing, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, along with domain expertise and empathy. You'll support all team members within your client group, providing timely responses, sharing knowledge and feedback with fellow team members, and balancing the individual needs with Prodigy's philosophy, principles, and available resources. As a business partner, you will provide consultation and coaching to the leadership teams to ensure continued improvement and achievement of business results in key areas, which include: talent, performance, and change.
- Partner with business leadership and serve as a trusted advisor to the business on people issues, supported by effective measurement and evaluation
- Partner with the People Ops team discussions and works collaboratively to generate solutions as a group that will drive the most effective business outcomes
- Provide recommendations and proactively recognizes areas of opportunity to improve and change company policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and is responsible to pro-actively address actions to minimize company risk by recommending, developing/revising, and implementing policies/ practices and standards
- Provide business partner consultation to the leadership and management teams to ensure continued improvement and achievement of business results in key areas, which include: talent, performance, and change
- Identify opportunities for improvement and able to execute a plan for development of programs and communications that support the employee journey and having a positive experience
- Manage the termination and resignation process; completes all requirements within the off-boarding process
- Participate in team projects from planning to execution to the retrospective and ensuring that we capture the lessons learned with the goal of driving future changes
- Provide training and assistance to managers on People Ops technologies, programs, or products and services that we provide
- Manage the new hire onboarding by providing support to new hires, coordinating the collection and submission of the required paperwork
- Responsible for employee benefits administration and assisting employees with any related questions
- Manage immigration processes; partner with outside Immigration Attorney (e.g. VISAs).
- Gather feedback on the general satisfaction of employees with the programs that we offer and is able to offer a proposed solution
- Provide ideas and challenges to management teams, thus acting as a catalyst for change
- Understand the business unit strategy and how the business is executing on that strategy
- Ensure that the business has a strong understanding of all key policies and processes that apply to them
Who You Are:
- 5-7+ years of relevant HR experience
- Experienced in working with Technical (Software Engineering) and Non-Technical employee groups
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- Passionate about coaching and training - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Comfortable with data, analysis, and reports
- Knowledgable and up to date on the latest HR trends and legislation
- A graduate, preferably of Human Resources
Bonus Points For:
- Agile work flow or project management experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- Previous experience in a rapidly scaling environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.