We’re looking for a
Data Operations Lead (1-Year Contract)
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Data teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company!
- To continue our growth, we are adding operational power to our Data teams. As a Data Operations Lead at Prodigy, we look to you to help the Data team adopt good practices and work rhythms, and invest in the human, process, and tool infrastructure to move fast and smart. Your passion for data informed decision making, human-centered project management, planning, and "perfect processes" for the team to operate in will enable us to deliver analytics and insights faster and better so that we can give all children access to fun math education.
- Help the Data team live good practices and work rhythms.
- Ensure strategic projects (e.g. our Data Quality Framework) are managed and adopted well, and that there is alignment across teams and departments .
- Use a human-centered approach and agile methods to unblock a diverse team to get things done in data analytics, science, and engineering.
Who You Are:
- Worked in an Operations, managerial, or similar role with a Data or Engineering team
- Experienced with helping technical teams improve their processes and good practices, with a proven track record of success.
- Familiarity with using SQL and business intelligence tools.
- Passionate about project management, planning, and "perfect processes" - combining efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment.
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
Bonus Points For:
- Worked in a Data team or an analytics role.
- Agile work flow experience
- A strong passion for education and data
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.