We’re looking for a
Manager, Game Design
- At Prodigy, we are working hard to ensure that education is available to every student in the world. Our game design team is focused on expanding our market share by finding new ways to deliver fun for our existing players, as well as building engaging features for new player types. To help us deliver on promises to our fans, and to excite them with new features, we are adding a leadership position on the Game Design team. As a Game Design Manager at Prodigy, we look to you to both support our talented game design team, as well as to help craft the vision for Game Design both now and in the future. By keeping our players engaged, by ensuring that they are having fun, we are building an opportunity to pursue our company mission: to help every child in the world love learning.
- You will work with your team, and other leaders on the game, to shape, own, and maintain a vision for Game Design
- Your leadership will ensure that the team executes a tightly focused set of objectives which will surprise and delight our players
- Prodigy will look to you to attenuate the needs of the game design vision with competing priorities from other teams to ensure the best possible outcome for our players
- Through 1:1s and consistent coaching, you will help level up your team members and further their careers
- You will unlock team potential and productivity by ensuring that teams have the necessary time and information to do their work at the highest level
Who You Are:
- A 'people person', with superlative communication skills, and a natural ability to build rapport with your team
- Strong design sensibilities and hard skills, able to not only break down game design systems, but also articulate them to others in language appropriate for the audience
- Experience leading and managing game design teams
- Excited by the challenges that come with rapid growth in a company scaling very quickly
- A strong leader with an ability to shape and share a vision with and for your team, and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come As You Are We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.