We’re looking for a
Senior Data Analyst, Educators
- Our data team is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do here will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your data skills to not only help kids learn but also help our development and customer teams to make better decisions.
- We are looking for an analytics expert to join our growing Teacher and Admin Data team. You will have the chance to apply your data analysis skills to help us better understand our Teacher and Admin users, deliver insightful analytics, and build the best possible user experience.
- Help our Teacher and Admin teams explore, analyze, and understand their data in order to better serve our users
- Own design and develop of a variety of Teacher and Admin metrics & KPIs to inform product development and assess business performance
- Work on a variety of giant datasets, from their development and manipulation to visualizing them via polished dashboards
- Work with business teams to identify opportunities and provide actionable insights
- Communicate insights, analysis, and recommendations clearly and accurately to stakeholders with a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Help develop statistically-sound case studies on our educational value
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years experience with data analytics
- Strong applied stats and experiments experience
- Experience with Saas analytics
- Expert skills and knowledge of SQL
- Competent with Python
- A team and customer centric mindset
- Passion and persistence for solving hard problems
- Experience in business requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of solutions
- Expertise in working with various BI platforms
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable steps
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning
Bonus Points For:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, Mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems
- Expertise in advanced user analytics - e.g. user segmentation and modelling
- Knowledge of Python/R languages
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS (Redshift, Athena, S3)
- Experience working with A/B testing and experimentation
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open source software contributions, and entrepreneurship
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.