We’re looking for a
Technical Lead - MERN Stack
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning
- Our Engineering teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! To continue our exponential growth, we are adding some more development talent to our Engineering teams
- As the Technical Lead on the Parents team, we would be looking to you to design/develop software, run experiments, and add features, with a heavy focus on increasing our customer reach. You'll help bridge important communication gaps to enable us to ship faster, and better so that we can give all children access to fun math education.
- Lead and mentor a development team; enabling them to improve the product, ship code faster, and further their careers
- Your leadership will enable our Developers to improve the product and ship code faster
- Through 1:1s and consistent coaching, you will help level up your team members and further their careers
- Prodigy will look to you to bridge communication gaps between multiple cross-functional product and technology teams like Product, Art, UX & Design, Development, and QA
- You will unlock team potential and productivity by ensuring that teams have access to the resources they need, such as computing systems, development tools and communications.
Who You Are:
- A diligent Developer, passionate about designing and developing software
- Experienced with leading and managing product teams and have a proven track record of success
- Proficient in Python, Django, MERN stack, Architecture from Technical leadership stand point and Web API development
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong leader with the ability to set a vision for your team, and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Might have experience managing Game Development teams, which is a bonus for this role!
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Python, Django, Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
Bonus Points For:
- AWS platform experience (a lot more than just launching a couple of EC2 instances)
- Experience with Node.js, Python, Go or Ruby
- Experience with Docker and container orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with asynchronous applications and tools such as Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.