We’re looking for a
Workplace Experience Coordinator
- We are looking to hire a Workplace Experience Coordinator to join the People Operations team. This role will actively support the Operations team and collaborate with all other areas of People Operations as well as all Prodigy team members in office functionality and support workplace experience, help team members’ to be efficient and effective in their roles. Build and maintain strong partnerships consistently across the business especially in our Toronto office. We are looking for an individual that can make a difference by providing administrative & office support. This person will assist in driving Operations team initiatives and administering programs/policies that will promote a high performing culture and support our rapid growth.
- The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, possess strong attention to detail, and the ability to solve issues independently or in collaboration with their colleagues.
- Provide front desk coverage at our Toronto office
- Presence in the office will be required during COVID-19 and daily post-COVID-19
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate information on all vendors
- Responsible for general organization and cleanliness of the office
- Stocking snacks/coffee/fruits and dairy products
- Responsible for maintaining meetings rooms
- Responsible for maintaining the kitchens
- Submit requests/complaints through to Property Management
- Post-COVID - support all needs for company-wide all hands
- Post-COVID - process all orders to support office needs (i.e. Costco, LCBO, Kitchen Supplies,Coffee/Water supplies etc.)
- Support onboarding process and work with other People Ops Coordinators
- Maintain Health and Safety Boards/Bulletin Boards and ensure it is always organized and tidy
- Support and actively participate at all TBC events
- Co-chair of H & S committee & Lead Fire Warden
- Processing employee requests throughout the ticketing system (i.e. employee celebration cards, ordering/shipping gifts on manager's behalf)
- Posting messages on slack for the company
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years working in an administrative capacity/office management
- Knowledge or have been part of a JHSC and experience in being a Fire Warden
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to problem-solve independently and a critical thinker
- Ability to think on your feet and pivot as needed
- Detail-oriented and able to work to tight timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
Bonus Points For:
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of GSuite.
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.