We’re looking for a
Lead, Product Manager - Educators
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our multi-product line continues to grow to service the needs of everyone involved in a child's education. As Product Lead for Educators, you will lead the product team for the teachers and admins product teams to envision, build and evolve capabilities that contribute meaningfully to Prodigy’s long term growth, providing unique value to teachers and school/district leaders with an experience they love. This is a hands-on product leadership role, working with your product team, and the product design and engineering leads throughout the continuous discovery and delivery process.
- We have a product experience that millions of teachers love using with their students in the classrooms. Prodigy’s unique freemium business model allows us to keep the educational content of our category-leading math game free for schools, school boards and families. With teachers being the primary channel for growth, your role will be to help ensure we continue to create an engaging experience for teachers to drive advocacy amongst other teachers and administrators in the school system. This work has a direct impact to help fund our mission to help every student in the world LOVE learning.
- You will lead the charge in shaping the long term product strategy for Prodigy’s teachers and admins app.
- Be a collaborative leader for the Educators domain, working hand-in-hand with product design and engineering leads
- Create an enduring relationship with partnerships (sales) team to help shape product strategy and create, communicate and amplify highly marketable features.
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional and cross-product teams to deliver on high-impact, company-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to Prodigy’s exponential growth, as we build the world's leading education platform.
- Shape Prodigy’s B2B product strategy utilizing teachers as the primary driver of growth
- Collaborate with product design and engineering on rapid experimentation and discovery to unlock new value for teachers.
- Partner with data science to contribute to the company model, build mini-models to support new investments, and set a data-driven research agenda.
- Thoughtfully plan rapid, high-quality product releases with your engineering team.
- Through 1:1s and consistent coaching, you will help level up the product managers on your team and further their careers.
- You will unlock team potential and productivity by actively participating in the ongoing evolution of how we deliver products people love that deliver amazing business outcomes.
Who You Are:
- An experienced product leader, with a passion for product-led growth, and a proven track record of success
- A university degree in either a technical discipline or business. MBA a plus.
- A clear passion for building great products, and the ability to create a vision that inspires your team resulting in significant long-term revenue growth.
- 5+ years of product management experience, with at least 2 years of people management (preferably managing product managers).
- Have owned and shipped consumer-focused mobile and web products, with millions of users.
- Have built strong relationships with marketing and sales teams, jointly delivering sustained and efficient product growth.
- Hands-on experience designing, measuring, and evolving acquisition and retention loops that create long term users.
- Deep experience in product discovery, with an extensive toolkit of experiment and discovery techniques.
- Highly analytical with experience in a data-rich product environment and a passion for turning data into insights.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present compelling, data-informed, product investment opportunities.
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally.
- A growth mindset with an insatiable curiosity that you harness to help your team build incredible products.
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment.
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning.
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda, Python
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
- Product Insights: Optimizly, Fullstory, Dovetail, SurveyMonkey
- Data: Snowflake, Periscope, DataBricks
Bonus Points For
- Education Tech experience
- Game experience
- Founder experience
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.