We’re looking for a
People Partner Manager
- We are looking to hire a People Partner Manager to join the People Operations team. This is a new leadership role and will be responsible for supporting the People Partner team in developing strong partnerships consistently across the business. We are looking for a strong leader who can scale this critical function at a fast pace, to align to our company growth and our overall mission of helping every student in the world to love learning. This person will bring leadership, creativity & innovation to people practices, deep insights, and strategic thinking into the role while partnering successfully with other leaders on the People Operations team. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator & collaborator, and have a successful track record of scaling processes and solving issues systematically, all while employing change management best practices.
- As a member of the People Operations team, you'll be a champion of Prodigy’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their specializations/divisions and make sure all people decisions are data-informed. Whether coaching your team members on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues, or managing programs that support in the growth and development of all employees, you will be supporting the organization to grow and develop over time - this is at the heart of all we do!
- Reinforce company culture in everything that we do
- Build an amazing team to effectively serve the needs of the organization through people programs (e.g. engagement, eNPS, Total Rewards, Performance, etc.)
- Coach and mentor managers across the business in leading an effective team of top talent
- Supervise the work of the People Partner team and provide guidance/mentorship
- Handle Employee Relations issues including working with managers to identify performance issues and implement appropriate measures
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Conduct workplace investigations
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using metrics
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in a people operations field
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Experience in translating external and internal trends into innovative practices
- Experience in the launch of company-wide initiatives
- Proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Communication experience exhibited at all levels within an organization
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions and measuring impact
- Interpersonal experience with experience developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization
- Keen ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative with a natural orientation towards community building and organizing
Bonus Points For:
- Agile work flow or project management experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.