We’re looking for a
Manager, Learning and Development
- We are looking to hire a Manager, Learning and Organizational Development to join the People Operations team. This is a new leadership role and will be responsible for supporting the Learning and Development team in strengthening the performance throughout the organization. We are looking for a strong leader who can scale this critical function at a fast pace, to align to our company growth and our overall mission of helping every student in the world to love learning. This person will bring leadership, creativity & innovation in performance development, deep insights, and strategic thinking into the role while partnering successfully with other leaders on the People Operations team. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator & collaborator and have a successful track record of scaling processes and solving issues systematically, all while employing change management best practices.
- As a member of the People Operations team, you'll be a champion of Prodigy’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them develop their specializations/divisions and tenure that decisions are data-informed. Whether coaching your team members on how to build exciting learning initiatives, enabling leaders to understand how to develop their team, or creating programs that support the growth and development of all employees, you will be enabling the organization to be a high-performance culture - this is at the heart of all we do!
- Assesses gaps in organization/department competencies and performance, developing and executing methodologies to address concerns
- Oversee the development, implementation, and sustainability of all training programs and initiatives
- Launch and manage a technical onboarding program throughout the organization
- Design and develop learning solutions in multiple modalities (instructor-led training, eLearning, webinars, etc) to promote active learning and learner engagement
- Facilitates in-class or online learning, focus groups, team development, and employee engagement strategies
- Serve as liaison to the HR team and business leaders to understand needs, conduct assessments as required to identify the best solutions, and identify resources to design and implement
- Consult on change management best practices to support organizational change and project implementations
- Build and develop an amazing team to effectively serve the needs of the organization through learning and organizational development initiatives and programs
- Supervise the work of the learning and development team and provide guidance/mentorship
- Develop measurement strategies to demonstrate business and learner impact and effectiveness
- Implement feedback systems to evaluate the effectiveness of training
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in a Learning and Development role
- 1+ years people management experience, preferably supporting Instructional Designers
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy, and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Familiarity and experience with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in launching company-wide initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions, and measuring the impact
- Interpersonal experience and excel at developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization
- Keen ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative with a natural orientation towards community building and organizing
Bonus Points For:
- D2L experience
- Agile workflow or project management experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- Previous experience in a scaling environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.