We’re looking for a
Data Scientist, Memberships Modelling
- Our Data team is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your analytics skills to not only help kids learn but also help our product and leadership teams to make better decisions.
- We are looking for a modelling and ML expert to join our growing team. You will have the chance to apply your data analysis, modelling, and coding skills to help our Data, Finance, and Executive teams better understand our business and build the best possible company strategy. You will develop advanced models to analyze our paid memberships, and empower all teams with actionable insights on user conversion, churn, and engagement.
- Work with stakeholders, data scientists, and developers to create useful models to analyze our paid memberships.
- Leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor the model's performance and identify new features to improve KPIs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our internal and external users to identify how our models can help solve their pain points.
- Iterate upon successful MVPs to ensure the user-experience and code quality matches our internal standards.
- Collaborate with key cross-departmental stakeholders to maintain technical product roadmaps, prioritize requests, and ensure that business goals are being met.
- Effectively scope projects so that they are lean, but also add enough value to validate your hypotheses and meet business needs.
- Help our teams explore and understand our business and our users.
- Design and develop a variety of metrics and models to inform the impact of company activities and lines of business.
- Work on a variety of giant datasets, from their development and manipulation to visualizing them via polished dashboards.
- Communicate insights, analysis, and recommendations clearly and accurately to stakeholders with a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience with data science and modelling.
- Specific experience delivering revenue-related models which leverage analytics and machine learning
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for product decisions
- Applied computational and mathematical model builder.
- Expert skills and knowledge of SQL and Python programming languages.
- Demonstrated application of model-building and analytics to financially-relevant problems.
- A team and customer centric mindset.
- Passion for solving hard problems and building a great technical product, balancing speed and depth for greatest value.
- Experience in business requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of solutions.
- Ability to break down large projects into manageable tasks, and leverage agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience using analytics and user research to add significant value to a product
- Expertise in working with BI platforms.
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines.
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning.
Our Core Technologies:
- SQL & Python
- Data-related technologies such as data lakes and warehouses, Spark, Databricks, and similar cloud services
Bonus Points For:
- Degree(s) in Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems.
- Expertise in forecasting, time series analysis, user segmentation, financial modelling, and analyzing Stripe or similar transaction data.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Databricks.
- Experience working with A/B testing and experimentation, and applying statistical concepts.
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open source software contributions, and entrepreneurship.
- Experience in the ed tech or SaaS industry
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.