Hit the Ground Learning with Prodigy's Back to Class Contest!
From Aug 4 to Oct 1, 2021, motivate students to practice math for a chance to win a $250 or $500 USD Visa Reward® gift card when you use Prodigy in your classroom.Create my class now!
How Prodigy can support your teaching this year
Engaging for students
Turn math class into an epic adventure with new quests and rewards around every corner.
Designed for teachers
Easy-to-use teacher tools for assessments, differentiation and student insights save you time.
Tailor Prodigy questions to your lessons or send it as homework for effective math practice anywhere.
How to enter
To enter the Back to Class Contest, have your students answer at least 300 questions between August 4 to October 1, 2021.
Next, earn two bonus contest entries through easy actions that set you and your students up for an amazing school year:
Log in to your teacher dashboard five times
Create two assessments (Plans, Assignments or Test Preps)
Earn all three entries during the contest period for the most chances to win! See full contest rules here.
Win one of 60 Visa Reward® gift cards
A total of 60 gift cards are up for grabs, including:
- 10 $500 USD Visa Reward® gift cards
- 50 $250 USD Visa Reward® gift cards
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I've entered the Back to Class Contest?
As soon as your students have answered a minimum of 300 questions in-game you’re entered — no extra steps needed. Your entry progress will be displayed within your teacher dashboard.
How do I create a new classroom?
- Log in to your Prodigy account and select Classrooms. You’ll see a list of active classrooms from previous years, filled with valuable student data.
- Select old classrooms and click Archive. Don’t delete them! Archiving classrooms declutters your teacher dashboard while still giving you access to data that helps you compare student growth and success. Find out more about archived classrooms.
- From the ‘Home’ section of your teacher dashboard, select Create a class.
- Choose one of the following options: Input classroom name and grade level and click ‘Create classroom’, Import from Google Classroom, or Sync with Clever.
- Follow the prompts to add students.
For a video refresher, check out our 2-minute overview on creating a class and adding students here.
How do I create an assessment?
- Log in to your teacher account and select a classroom.
- On the navigation bar, you’ll see four options: Dashboard, Students, Assessments and Reports. Select Assessments.
- Select Create.
- Select an assessment option (Plans, Assignments, Test Prep) to keep your students engaged and to reinforce the material you're delivering in class.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for the desired assessment option to finish creating it and we’ll do the rest — no grading required!
For more information on our assessment options, check out this article overview.
When does the Back to Class Contest start and end?
Prodigy's Back to Class Contest runs from August 4 to October 1, 2021.
Who is eligible to enter Prodigy's Back to Class Contest?
Prodigy’s Back to Class contest is open to residents of the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, excluding Quebec, New York and Florida.
You must be 18 or over to enter.
How are winners chosen, and how do I collect my prize?
Winners will be drawn via a raffle on October 8th, 2021 and will be announced on October 11th, 2021. If you’re one of the lucky teachers selected, Prodigy will contact you via email with the next steps.
I have multiple classes. Do I get multiple entries?
Eligible teachers will receive entries based on one class even where they may have multiple classes. The maximum number of entries you can receive is three (3) — one (1) base entry and two (2) bonus entries. To receive your base entry, your students must answer a minimum of 300 questions in-game during the contest time period.
If you’d like to earn bonus entries and increase your chances of winning, log in to your teacher dashboard on 5 distinct days and create at least 2 assessments (Plans, Assignments, or Test Preps) within the contest time period.
How do I track how many questions my students have answered?
To see how many questions your students have answered during the contest period, log in to your teacher dashboard and view the Back to Class Contest tracker.
For more information on how many questions your students have answered, view your student leaderboard in three easy steps:
- Log in to your Prodigy teacher account (or sign up for free here if you don’t have one yet!)
- Select the classroom you want to view progress for
- Check the Student Leaderboard to see how many questions students have answered
If you have multiple classrooms, your entry is determined by the number of questions all your students have answered. Be sure to add up the leaderboard totals from each classroom to get an accurate number.
Does the contest change anything for my participating students?
Nope! While you're completing all the steps and earning your entries, nothing will change for your students in-game. They'll keep playing and learning with Prodigy Math Game as usual while you gain access to up-to-the-minute data located in your eight personalized reports.