Is a Prodigy Membership Worth It? Your Questions AnsweredAll Posts
Written by Laney Kennedy
- Parent Resources
“Is a Prodigy membership worth it?”
It’s an important question to ask (since kids “need” to have all the apps 😅).
Prodigy Math Game — including all its education content — is free to play. But upgrading to a Premium Membership unlocks extra rewards and game content for your child. Plus, parents like you gain access to exclusive features that help support their learning!
If you’re considering upgrading your account, you might be asking:
- Is it worth it?
- What’s the value?
- Is it necessary for my child?
- What does it actually provide?
We’re here to support you. This guide will outline everything you need to know to make an informed decision and find the Premium Membership package that works best for your family.
1. Is a Premium Membership worth it?
"What are the benefits of a Premium Membership? Is it worth buying?"
Most parents choose Premium Memberships for one of these three reasons:
- To promote independent learning and productive screen time.
- As a convenient reward that can motivate their child to keep learning.
- As an easy way to support their child, track their progress and help them develop a growth mindset.
On top of this, it can help your child:
- Feel more motivated to achieve learning goals
- Become more confident and comfortable with math
- Find more joy in learning and develop a positive attitude towards math
All these benefits will set your child up for incredible success, both in school and beyond.
The more they engage with and have fun learning now, the more they’ll love learning for the rest of their lives.
But the benefits don't stop there! Premium Memberships can help parents like you:
- Easily play an active role in your child's education
- Stay involved and up-to-date on your child's learning progress and goals
- Encourage and motivate your child to learn in a way that works best for them
2. What does a Premium Membership provide for kids and parents?
"What does my child actually get by becoming a member? What do I get?"
As part of our mission to help every student in the world love learning, all educational content in Prodigy’s game-based learning platform is always free. 🌟 This means every student has full access to more than 50,000 math questions and 1,500 curriculum-aligned skills.
Because of this, Premium Memberships are designed to make Prodigy more exciting for students and more informative for parents, without changing the educational experience!
Prodigy Level Up
The Level Up Premium Membership is your first step up from Prodigy Basic (the free account).
Starting at $6.25 USD per month, this package offers everything in Prodigy Basic, plus even more features to help your child stay engaged and practice more math!
For students, this includes the ability to:
- Track down and tame powerful EPIC creatures.
- Rescue 100+ Prodigy pets and evolve ALL of them.
- Access hundreds of members-only gear and items to customize their Prodigy wizards with.
- Explore membership-exclusive game areas, such as the Dark Tower and Rune Runs options on Harmony Island.
On top of all the awesome benefits for kids, parents like you get powerful ones, too!
- Set Goals for your child and send in-game Rewards when they achieve them.
- Cheer Them On with fun, encouraging messages your child will receive in-game.
- Get Comparison Insights to discover how your child is performing alongside their peers.
- Access Grade Override to adjust the difficulty of the questions your child will encounter in-game.
- Use the Practice Areas tool to track your child’s progress and see specific questions they're struggling with.
- Access curated Video Lessons or printable Practice Sheets to help your child learn more about concepts they may need help with.
All this plus access to all upcoming Level Up features!
Want even more access to everything Prodigy has to offer?
Starting at $8.33 USD per month, Prodigy Ultimate is Prodigy's most comprehensive package to help your child maximize their fun AND learning!
It offers everything in Prodigy Level Up, plus:
- For kids — Access to the Ultimate Member Box, which includes one exclusive Ultimate item and one exclusive Ultimate pet per season!
- For parents — Set more challenging Goals for your child and choose from over 40 exciting in-game Rewards.
3. What's the value of a Premium Membership?
"How do the benefits of Premium Memberships work? Why are results better if the in-game educational content doesn’t change?"
As a parent, you might be curious about the value of purchasing a Premium Membership — especially if your child already loves Prodigy Math Game and sees awesome results from it.
But the great thing about Memberships is that they can maximize engagement, making your child extra enthusiastic to log in and build math skills.
This is great news for everyone, since more time spent playing equals more time spent learning! 💪
Because of the engaging in-game features your child gets with a Membership, you’ll probably find them choosing Prodigy more often. This means more time spent using productive (and fun!) technology that can boost learning outcomes.
How do we know this?
We’ve seen it firsthand! Kids with Premium Memberships:
- Answer more questions
- Master more math skills
- Spend more time learning
When your child learns more, they can achieve more and become more confident in their abilities.
4. Is a Premium Membership necessary?
"Does my child really need a Premium Membership to gain the benefits of Prodigy?"
Whether your child has one or not, you can find comfort in knowing:
- Prodigy gives your child extra math practice to help them build important skills
- Your child is using a digital math product, loved and approved by over 1.5 million teachers
- A premier center for education research has found that Prodigy Math Game increased math achievement
The Prodigy Basic package
Prodigy Basic allows you to help your child practice math while they have fun exploring the Prodigy world!
This default package is absolutely free, and still includes tons of engaging and educational content — for kids and parents
Most Prodigy players agree: the free version is still tons of fun.
The online math game is so engaging, kids often don’t realize how much they’re actually learning. Especially when they can enjoy exciting features like the new and improved in-game Arena!
With a free package, your child has access to:
- All 11 zones, plus hundreds of quests within Prodigy Math Game.
- All starter and non-evolved pets, plus the ability to collect up to a team of ten.
- More than 300+ in-game items to earn, discover and use to customize your Prodigy wizard.
- All standard educational content, including in-game questions, learning modules and video lessons.
And while the game engages your child, our adaptive algorithm always has their back. So you can be sure they’re practicing math at a pace and level that’s right for them.
The parent account
Creating a Prodigy Basic parent account is free. This means, Premium Membership or not, you can always access:
- Instant insights to support your child’s learning progress through the parent dashboard and report cards
- Monthly report cards, along with weekly progress updates that are sent directly to your email to inform you of your child’s educational progress.
- See what they're learning in class, or review a history of their past assessments, with the Classroom Learning report.
So, is a Premium Membership necessary to receive all the great benefits of Prodigy Math Game?
However, it does enhance all these benefits, so you get more of the amazing results Prodigy brings. Becoming a Premium Member can help you better support your child's learning journey every step of the way!
Prodigy Math Game membership reviews
You came here with one question: "Is a Prodigy membership worth it?"
These parents and teachers think so! Check out what they had to say about Premium Memberships.
Ready to help your child love learning?
Choose the plan that’s right for you and your family. We offer a variety of payment options — including Family and Yearly plans that will help you save!
Have more questions about Prodigy or Premium Memberships? Join our Prodigy Parent Community on Facebook for more resources and tips.