Best Ways to Save Money on Prodigy MembershipsAll Posts
- Parent Resources
Backpacks, binders, pencils, lunches, new backpacks, those trendy shoes everybody wants….
With so many things on kids’ shopping lists, many parents have become all too familiar with discount codes, coupons, and the rush that comes with finding a good deal.
This unique school year might have you looking for ways to fit online learning resources into your budget. But you still want to be careful about where you spend your money and save as much of it as you can. We completely agree!
If you're considering a Membership, we want to help you get the best deal.
That’s why we put together a full review of all our membership offerings to help you save as much money as you possibly can!
What does a Membership include?
Before you spend money on a Membership, you might wonder: what does it even get my child? What's in it for me? And is it worth it?
Memberships unlock extras that help your child love learning and give you exclusive features to help you track and support your child's learning. Each membership tier offers more of these exclusive features for you and your child to benefit from.
1. Prodigy Level Up
This membership package is the first upgrade from a free Prodigy Basic account.
A Level Up membership gives students the ability to:
- Track down and tame in-game Epics
- Rescue and evolve all 100+ Prodigy pets
- Access hundreds of members-only items, gear and in-game areas
And for parents, Level Up means:
- Motivating your child with Goals, Rewards and encouraging Cheers
- Seeing how your child is progressing with Comparison Insights and Practice Areas tools
- Adjusting the difficulty of the questions your child encounters in-game with the Grade Override tool
- Getting customized Video Lessons and printable Practice Sheets to support your child where they may need help
2. Prodigy Ultimate
This step-up gives you and your child access to everything in Level Up, plus:
- The ability to set more challenging Goals and choose from over 40 exciting in-game Rewards
- Access to our Focus Mode feature, so you can help your child answer more questions uninterrupted at home.
- An Ultimate Member Box in the game for your child, with one exclusive Ultimate item and one exclusive Ultimate pet per season
All these exciting membership extras can help keep kids super engaged in Prodigy, meaning they can get:
- More questions answered
- More curriculum-aligned math skills mastered
- More time spent practicing math (yep, they may even choose it for their free screen time!)
It's a win-win. More Prodigy time = more ways for you to understand how they're learning and find easy ways to support them.
When your child is motivated to answer adaptive math questions in Prodigy, they're demonstrating a growth mindset that can help them get positive results in school and achieve success throughout their learning journey!
Ways to save on the cost of Memberships
How much does it really cost to be a member on Prodigy?
Are there ways to make it more affordable for your family?
Let’s find out! We’ll give you a full breakdown of each of our offerings.
Before you start, ask yourself these questions:
- Which Membership package are you interested in?
- How many children do you want a Membership for?
- How long do you want your Membership to last?
Now read below to find the option that best fits those answers.
1. Which Membership package are you interested in?
Prodigy Level Up
This package is the most popular choice for parents and kids. If your child is a regular Prodigy Math player, you'll both love the awesome features Level Up includes.
The base price for the Level Up package is $9.95 USD per month, per child.
This package is the perfect choice if your child is a BIG fan of Prodigy Math and wants more in-game extras. It's also an excellent option if you're looking to motivate your child to learn more with 40+ in-game Rewards they can choose from when they achieve their Goals!
The base price for the Ultimate package is $14.95 USD per month, per child.
2. How many children do you want a Membership for?
One child — Individual Memberships
- Perfect for families with one child who plays Prodigy
- Lower total cost for one child compared to the cost of multiple children
- More costly for each child if you want two or more Memberships
- If you want to purchase an additional Membership for another child, you would have to cancel your current individual Membership to access the Prodigy family discount.
Two or more children — Family Memberships
- Perfect for families with more than one Prodigy player in the same household.
- Saves 25% on the cost for each child.
- You’ll spend more money overall than you would for one individual child
- If you remove a child and only have one active Membership, you lose the family discount
3. How long do you want your Membership to last?
Note: All Memberships automatically renew at the end of their given time period.
Less than one year — Monthly Membership
- Once every month
- Good for indecisive Prodigy players — monthly payments give you the flexibility to cancel your Membership whenever you like
- Payments automatically renew each month
- Individual payments are lower
- Most costly option in the long run (especially if you keep your Membership for more than six months)
- More frequent payments
Cost per child — Individual Memberships (USD):
- Level Up — $9.95 monthly. This works out to about $2.30 weekly or $119.40 yearly.
- Ultimate — $14.95 monthly. This works out to about $3.45 weekly or $179.40 yearly.
Cost per child — Family Memberships (USD):
- Level Up — $7.46 monthly. This works out to about $1.72 weekly or $89.52 yearly.
- Ultimate — $11.21 monthly. This works out to about $2.59 weekly or $134.52 yearly
A year or more — Yearly Membership
- Once every year
- Perfect for children who love Prodigy and will stay engaged throughout the year
- Better value and lowest cost overall — cheaper than keeping a monthly Membership for the same amount of time
- Much less frequent payments
- Bigger commitment
- Larger individual payments
Cost per child — Individual Memberships (USD):
- Level Up — $6.25 monthly. This works out to about $1.44 weekly or $75 yearly.
- Ultimate — $8.33 monthly. This works out to about $1.92 weekly or $99.96 yearly.
Cost per child — Family Memberships (USD):
- Level Up — $4.69 monthly. This works out to about $1.08 weekly or $56.28 yearly.
- Ultimate — $6.25 monthly. This works out to about $1.44 weekly or $75 yearly.
So, which Membership plan should you pick?
Now that you’ve seen all the possibilities, you can make an informed decision on which plan is best for your family.
Based on our review of each option, your best value is a yearly family Level Up plan. This is perfect if you have more than one child who wants a simple but thorough Membership offering and you're confident they’ll enjoy it for the rest of the year.
If you choose this plan for two children, you’ll save about $126.24 when compared with a year’s worth of two individual monthly Memberships.
By the end of the year, that’s like getting a free Membership for one child, and then some!
But this plan won’t be a win for everyone — it all depends on your needs.
Think about the advantages and considerations for each option to figure out what’s right for you, and what will help you save the most in the long run.
How to get your Membership
Once you’ve made your choice, it’s time to go ahead and purchase!
2. Click on the Memberships button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
3. Click on the Purchase a Membership button.
5. Check the box beside the child's name that you want to purchase the Membership for.
6. Select Continue to payment details, then enter your payment on our secure site.
7. Click on Continue to review purchase to complete your order.
Want more information?
We have the answers to your most asked questions right here!
1. How can I pay?
When you sign up for your Membership, you’ll be taken through an online payment process where you can enter your credit card information.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
All payments will be billed in USD (unless you’re in Canada, in which case the price will be converted to CAD on your credit card statement).
2. If one child is already a Member and I want to add another, how do I get the family discount?
There are two possible ways to do this:
- Contact our Customer Support team and have them help you through the process.
- Cancel your existing Membership, then go through and repurchase a Membership. This time, select your preferred family discount option and apply Memberships to each child.
3. How do I withdraw a Membership and reapply it to the correct account?
Did you apply a Membership subscription to the wrong account, or has your child created a new account? Follow these instructions to get your Membership on the right account.
Do you have more questions that we haven’t answered above? Contact our Customer Support team — we’re always happy to help!