We’re looking for a
Product Designer - Math Game
- Our Design team is growing rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, it's an exciting time for the company! As a Product Designer on the Math Game, you’ll be part of a team that is working to engage our players for longer with compelling content and game mechanics. You will work closely with Game Designers and Product Management partners to lead the team through design thinking activities to ideate and curate delightful solutions that exceed our players' expectations. You should be familiar with both generative and evaluative research and comfortable working with user research to unpack insights to further develop and optimize the experience.
- Apply your experience with product design systems and principles to create and refine features
- Identify, investigate, and validate complex design problems
- Create and validate hypotheses regarding what we can build to solve these problems
- Gather qualitative data from customers through interviews and usability tests
- Use quantitative data to guide decisions and determine the success of new features
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers and QA to ensure that we iterate quickly while maintaining an appropriate level of quality
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Designer (or UX Designer in a Game studio setting)
- You have knowledge and experience for designing responsive web experiences
- Experience using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- You have worked with a Design System and/or a component library and are comfortable working within technical constraints
- You have the ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- You are able to properly balance quality and speed
- The desire to drive creative decisions through a user-centered design process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation
- A soft spot for the end user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma, Usertesting.com, Dovetail
- Experience creating wireframes, user-flows, and interactive prototypes
- Previous experience collaborating closely with Product Managers, Game Designers, UI Artists, and other team members
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience designing within Ed-tech or crafting experiences for children
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.