We’re looking for a
Design Operations Manager
- Here at Prodigy, we're working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Design teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! To continue our DesignOps mission of growing an impactful and healthy design team that learns together, we're adding some more Operations power to our Design teams. As a Design Operations Manager at Prodigy, we're looking to you to step into a service-minded design operations generalist role. Although this is a generalist role, there will be a special focus on Change Management Initiatives, Program Management, and Measuring Outcomes. Reporting into our Design Operations Manager, and partnering with ResearchOps, you'll make a positive impact through leading or taking part in research-backed transformational strategic initiatives.
- Through change management initiatives, program management, and measuring outcomes, you'll contribute to creating healthy teams that are empowered to deliver and scale, as well as learn together in a community of practice. More specifically:
- Taking on some of our biggest opportunities for improvement, you'll lead small and large change management initiatives across different design specializations (ie. product design, game design, art, brand and/or UXR) and with cross-functional partners.
- You'll facilitate strategic planning and quarterly OKRs for the design department, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to shape how the design department is steadily maturing in key areas.
- You'll ensure we're measuring design outcomes that matter. Using service design thinking, you'll work with designers and leaders to enable effective measuring practices that ultimately inform our strategic initiatives.
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of experience in Design Operations or Design Leadership, or 3-5 years experience as a service designer or senior service-minded product designer
- Experience leading change management efforts with proven results
- Some program management skills (or you're willing to learn them), including facilitating effective departmental strategic planning, and conducting workshops or light research to surface high value opportunities
- You're dynamic, and can take ownership of multiple projects at the same time
- You're driven to enable people to measure what matters for our business, our users, and our operations, and surface information effectively to key partners
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, as well as some basic research skills
- Have a growth mindset, and are not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges
Our Core Technologies:
- Collaborative software such as Miro, Confluence, and Google Suite (especially Sheets)
- Nice to have but not required: Figma or Sketch, Dovetail
Bonus Points For:
- Experience making impactful process improvements in collaboration, workflow, tooling, and/or documentation practices
- Experience creating governance, rituals, and adding clarity everywhere you go
- Skilled at influencing, evangelism, and/or coaching
- While basic research skills are important, stronger research skills would be a nice to have
- Proficient at internal comms and teambuilding
- Direct experience with service design (or service-design minded) work
- A strong passion for education
What We Offer
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office, here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.