We’re looking for a
Product Manager (Reporting)
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. We are looking to build a reporting team as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! To continue our exponential growth, we are adding some additional Product Management power to our education team specifically focusing on building the foundation of a reporting platform to help visualize data and serve multiple user types. As a Product Manager at Prodigy, we would be looking to you to lead our efforts into improving educational outcomes for the millions of students that use our platform every month.
- Build the product vision and initial roadmap of our reporting platform
- Develop a deep understanding of our internal and external users to identify how our tools and technology can help solve their pain points.
- Identify new opportunities by challenging existing viewpoints, all in the effort to help build a better experience for our users.
- Iterate upon successful MVPs to ensure the user-experience and code quality matches our internal standards.
- Manage an engineering-focused team, improving our product infrastructure and empowering other teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain short and long-term technical product roadmaps.
- Negotiate release schedules, anticipating technical challenges and making trade-offs with your team.
- Effectively scope projects so that they are lean, but also add enough value to validate your hypotheses.
- Curate the technical backlog and analyze metrics to ensure your team is always working on the project that offers the most value to our users, balancing the development of new features, iterations, bug fixes, and other internal tasks.
- With engineering, determine the compromises that are required to deliver a product that meets user needs on-time and on-budget.
- With Quality Assurance, determine acceptable quality standards for product delivery.
- Leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor the game’s performance and identify new features and tactics to improve KPIs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide input on the game’s performance and help influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met.
- Bridge the communication between engineering and other disciplines, leveraging your technical skills to identify problems, create solutions, and increase efficiency.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role at a software company
- A clear passion for building a great product, and the ability to create a vision that inspires your team
- Substantial experience using user research and metrics to add significant value to a product
- A solid understanding of statistics, data visualization
- Ability to break down large projects into manageable tasks and use metrics to add significant value to a product
- Knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Previous experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for product decisions
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React
Bonus Points For:
- Agile work flow experience
- Experience in the ed tech industry
- Experience with data science
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.