We’re looking for a
Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
- Work with modern infrastructure tools like Kubernetes, Istio, Flux, Terraform, Helm, Docker and DevSpace
- Collaborate with and support engineering teams to establish a standard of high availability and reliability for our production systems
- Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services
- Catch production errors and performance issues early with automated monitoring and alerting
- Implement cost savings initiatives and optimizations that directly affect our bottom line
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership in the delivery of work, and be trusted to resolve unclear but urgent tasks
- Be part of a close team, who help each other solve problems and grow in ability
- Experience building and operating cloud native infrastructure, applications, and services
- Familiar with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code experience and proficiency with tools such as Terraform and Helm
- Demonstrating strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members
- Embrace a growth mindset and actively learn new tools and technologies on the job (we do this a lot!)
Our Core Technologies
- Amazon Web Services
- Kubernetes on EKS
- Istio service mesh
- RDS Aurora Postgres for storage and Redis for caching
- Terraform and Helm for Infrastructure as Code
- GitHub for version control and GitHub Actions continuous integration (CI)
- Flux enabled application deployment (CD)
- Datadog, Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring, logs and alerting
- DevSpace for fast cloud-native software development
- Sentry for error tracking
- Dockerized Node.js, Python, Go and Ruby applications
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centred around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021.
- Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
- #Li-remote #LI-SM1
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.