We’re looking for a
Director, UX Research
- Define and own the user research vision and roadmap, drive research priorities and contribute to delivering compelling product experiences
- Work closely with design and product management teams to prioritize research opportunities for impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Build a scalable, sustainable system for measuring and tracking user experience quality on our UX across releases to measure improvement and opportunities continually
- Build, manage, coach, and inspire a world-class team of researchers composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs based on current priorities
- Facilitate research through collection, analysis and producing insights to lead the team towards user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence and guide key stakeholders to better understand
Who You Are
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of research experience, 5+ years managing a research team,
- Demonstrating experience building and retaining high performing teams that include both managers and individual contributors
- Experience in a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Impact on company level product and business strategy through research insights
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
Bonus Points For
- Experience conducting research with young children
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industries
What We Offer
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered!
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all full-time permanent employees
- Learning and development budget for all full-time employees to use towards career growth and development opportunities
- We recognize 9-5 is not for everyone! We offer flexible working hours that will allow you to schedule your workday with a bit more freedom!
#LI-Remote Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.