We’re looking for a
Data Engineer, Quality & Pipelines
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Data team is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! Our data team is responsible for all aspects of data ingestion, storage, transformation, and analyzation using modern tools and environments such as Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Periscope, Kinesis, AWS. You will be working alongside our development and data science teams to help build and manage all of our data pipelines.
- Create and manage key business data pipelines
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data acquisition, data-related technical issues and other analytics needs.
- Work cross-functionally to explore and propose solutions to business problems that can be addressed using insights from data
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Support the development of new solutions for batch, real-time data, and analytics use cases that align with business requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot the infrastructure built for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into student learning, customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key metrics.
Who You Are:
- Working familiarity with a variety of different storage mechanisms including SQL & NoSQL databases, Data Warehouses, and Data Lakes.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud platforms and related systems
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience with big data tools: Databricks, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as Airflow
- Experience with real-time data processing and stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of software solutions, especially data related, using Python, Scala, and/or other programming languages
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience implementing backend Data APIs using NodeJS, Python, or other programming languages
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills.
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, Mathematics. Graduate degree in Data Science related discipline is a strong asset
Our Core Technologies:
- Data tools: Kinesis, Lambda, Kubernetes, ECS
- Storage: S3, Snowflake, Delta, Postgres Aurora, DynamoDB
- Platforms: AWS, Persicope, Databricks.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.