We’re looking for a
Technical Product Manager, Memberships Modelling
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our analytics and data science team is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company!
- To continue our rapid growth, we are adding data-savvy Technical Product Management power to our team. As a Technical Product Manager at Prodigy, you will lead our development of advanced models to analyze our paid memberships, and empower all teams with actionable insights on user conversion, churn, and engagement. All this will support our efforts into improving educational outcomes for the millions of students that use our platform every month.
- Work with stakeholders, data scientists, and developers to create useful models to analyze our paid memberships
- Leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor the model's performance and identify new features to improve KPIs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our internal and external users to identify how our models can help solve their pain points.
- Identify new opportunities by challenging existing viewpoints, all in the effort to help build a better experience for our users.
- Iterate upon successful MVPs to ensure the user-experience and code quality matches our internal standards.
- Manage a data-focused team, improving our analytic and modelling infrastructure and empowering other teams.
- Collaborate with key cross-departmental stakeholders to maintain technical product roadmaps, prioritize requests, and ensure that business goals are being met.
- Negotiate release schedules, anticipating technical challenges and making trade-offs with your team.
- Effectively scope projects so that they are lean, but also add enough value to validate your hypotheses and meet business needs.
- Lead teams in build vs. buy decisions
- Curate the technical backlog and analyze metrics to ensure your team is always working on the project that offers the most value to our users, balancing the development of new features, iterations, bug fixes, and other internal tasks.
- With data and engineering experts, determine the compromises that are required to deliver a product that meets user needs on-time and on-budget.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical product management, data scientist, or related role at a software company
- Experience delivering revenue-related models which leverage analytics and machine learning
- A clear passion for building a great technical product, and the ability to create a vision that inspires your team
- Experience with data science and analytics
- Experience using analytics and user research to add significant value to a product
- Ability to break down large projects into manageable tasks, and leverage agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Previous experience collaborating closely with data scientists, developers, and other team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for product decisions
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
Our Core Technologies:
- SQL & Python
- Data-related technologies such as data lakes and warehouses, Spark, Databricks, and similar cloud services
Bonus Points For:
- Applied math and algorithmic skills
- R, Julia, and related languages
- Experience in the ed tech industry
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.