We’re looking for a
Director, Growth & Integrated Marketing - Online Tutoring
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every student in the world to LOVE learning. Our multi-product line continues to grow to service the needs of everyone involved in a child's education. In 2019, we launched a new Online Tutoring business line as a ‘start-up’ in our larger organization and in 2021 we have ambitious plans to scale the business by over 10X. We are now looking for a seasoned marketing leader to scale these efforts and support growth in revenue through direct sales to parents who know us from their game memberships and to parents who may be new to the services Prodigy has to offer.
- The Director of Marketing, Tutoring will set the strategy, develop, implement, track, and optimize our digital and traditional marketing for the demand side of our business (parents and learners) and the supply side (tutors). From creating top of funnel awareness and brand building campaigns to implementing new growth opportunities, the ideal candidate will know how to build and scale lead generation efforts targeting parents, and freemium product marketing campaigns across the conversion funnel. They will also have experience managing and building high performing teams to achieve results, and be able to define and clearly communicate the strategic direction.
- With a matrix-style reporting relationship (reporting to the GM, Tutoring with a dotted line relationship to our CMO), you will have overall ownership of the tutoring marketing budget. You are passionate about full-funnel, integrated marketing and understand the importance of leveraging the power of paid, earned, and owned media throughout the customer journey. You have a growth mindset, have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and possess an understanding and expertise in SEO, SEM, email marketing, marketing automation, Influencer marketing, paid and organic social media, A/B and multivariate testing, and content marketing. Being customer-obsessed, you will collaborate with a cross functional marketing squad of experienced professionals in media (paid and organic), product marketing, creative, and marketing analytics and you will work with the Tutoring Leadership Team to ensure that Prodigy’s goal of transforming the tutoring landscape are working at sufficient speed and agility to be successful while aligning with the core of the organization. You will partner closely with internal teams within product, sales, customer success, user research and finance to realize our goal of being a North American market leader in Tutoring within the next two years.
- You will lead the charge in shaping the long term growth strategy for marketing to parents - both those that are currently Prodigy customers and those who may join us as ‘tutoring first’ customers.
- Be a leader for the Tutoring marketing team, working hand-in-hand with product, tutoring operations and customer success to bring Prodigy’s value proposition
- Partner with finance, user research, product and data science to contribute to the tutoring business model.
- Be audience and customer obsessed, rooting marketing strategy and execution in insights, finding relevant white-spaces to break-through to decision makers in, and amplify the potential of Prodigy’s highly marketable features
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional teams to deliver on high-impact, Tutoring initiatives.
- Hire, coach, manage, and develop a high performing, multi-disciplinary marketing team through professional development, succession planning, and consistent coaching, up-leveling existing team members and adding additional top-talent to the team.
- Deliver on Prodigy’s mission of helping every student in the world love learning by growing our tutoring customer base
- Contribute to Prodigy’s exponential growth, as we build the world's leading education platform.
Who You Are:
- An experienced marketing leader, with a passion for marketing-led growth, and a proven track record of success.
- A clear understanding of the freemium business model and a penchant for growing conversion of freemium products
- 7+ years of marketing experience, with at least 4 years of people management
- Have built strong relationships with product and sales, jointly delivering sustained and efficient revenue growth.
- Solutions oriented with a proactive approach to identifying risk and mitigation factors.
- Hands-on experience designing, measuring, and evolving full-funnel marketing strategies including acquisition and retention loops that create long term users.
- Highly analytical with experience in a data-rich marketing environment and a passion for turning data into insights.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and/or Kanban.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present compelling, data-informed, strategies and opportunities.
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally.
- A growth mindset with an insatiable curiosity that you harness to help your team build incredible experiences.
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment.
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning.
- A university degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.