We’re looking for a
Staff Data Engineer (Remote)
- You will contribute to rapidly scaling our data practice to hit our ambitious growth targets
- Your abilities will enable our Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Product teams to improve our product offerings
- Through collaboration and mentoring, you will help level up your team members
- You will assist in improving our ability to leverage data by ensuring teams have access to the platforms, tools, and data sets required to drive understanding and product improvement
- You will identify opportunities and implement strategies to further our Data Platform.
Who You Are:
- A very experienced data engineer, comfortable using both Python and PySpark
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong contributor and technical leader, with the ability to communicate effectively, set a vision for your team and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
Our Core Technologies:
- Platform: AWS, Airflow, Spark (Databricks), DBT, Snowflake
- Languages: Python, PySpark, Go
- Other: Terraform, Kubernetes, Fivetran, Segment.io
Bonus Points For:
- Agile workflow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centred around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
- #Li-remote #LI-SM1
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.