We’re looking for a
Associate Director of Marketing, Students
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every student in the world to LOVE learning. Our multi-product line continues to grow to service the needs of everyone involved in a child's education. Prodigy has recently begun marketing directly to consumers (parents, teachers, and students/players) and is looking for a leader to scale these efforts to support growth in revenue directly attributable to marketing efforts.
- Prodigy is looking for an Associate Director, Marketing for our Student/Player consumer audience to target marketing growth strategies and communications for brand awareness and premium memberships. Working very closely with our product team, you will drive full funnel acquisition and retention of the player audience. The Associate Director, Marketing for Students/Players will own end-to-end customer acquisition and retention strategies and implementation across multiple channels. You will ensure the brand message and core attributes of differentiation and advantage are communicated effectively across all digital and offline channels and will be supported by a team of marketing channel experts to achieve the company's goals. This is a great opportunity to be responsible for the full funnel marketing strategy for our consumer audience. You will directly oversee the marketing and performance budget related to this audience group to achieve brand awareness and scale. Reporting to the Senior Director, Growth & Integrated Marketing, you will be a key member of the leadership team.
- Your marketing expertise in growth and retention marketing, preferably within gaming, will ensure that we optimize our retention, upsell and winback campaigns across our mobile marketing channels (push notifications and in-game messages) and organic channels (social media, blog, email etc).
- Lead, define, implement and oversee Prodigy's growth short and long-term growth marketing strategy & initiatives for our Students to increase engagement, revenue and retention.
- You will develop and lead the short and long-term growth strategy for direct-to-consumer marketing (especially the player audience) to increase retention and paid subscriptions.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day work of integrated marketing teams to drive prioritization and high-impact strategies
- Be a senior leader within marketing, working hand-in-hand with product and sales to bring Prodigy’s consumer value proposition to the marketplace.
- Be audience and customer obsessed rooting marketing strategy and execution in insights and finding relevant white-spaces to break-through to consumers in.
- Create an enduring partnership with product to help shape go-to-market strategy and create, communicate and amplify highly marketable features.
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to deliver on high-impact, company-wide initiatives.
- Deliver on Prodigy’s mission of helping every student in the world love learning by growing registrations and memberships for Prodigy.
- Contribute to Prodigy’s exponential growth, as we build the world's leading education platform.
Who You Are:
- An experienced leader with 7+ years in customer acquisition, customer life cycle management and marketing technologies, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. along with 3+ years managing a team (preferably in the gaming or software industry)
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and constantly seeking out and identifying opportunities to drive the business forward without being told when and what to do
- Strong communicator in both business and to technical partners, with peers and upwards, on cross-functional teams
- Experienced with lifecycle marketing with specific focus on driving conversion from signup to paid subscriptions to retention
- Experienced in developing & optimizing large-scale direct-to-consumer campaigns, with deep knowledge of digital, offline, television & OOH with growth marketing success.
- Managed several external agencies and maintained a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget including forecasting and budget allocations
- Experienced in closely collaborating and leading cross-functional growth teams across various functions such as marketing, product, design/creative, data and finance
- Super passionate about Prodigy’s product offerings and in helping Parents enhance their children's knowledge
- An experienced growth-oriented marketer to create, execute, and drive online and offline programs that help build adoption and retention.
- Self-Driven and thrive in a fast pace, AGILE, ambiguous environment with a lean, collaborative team
- Passionate about gaming or a previous gaming marketer (required)
- Detail oriented and have a rigorous work ethic, with deep strategic thinking capabilities.
- Passionate Student/Player advocate
Bonus Points For
- Education Tech experience
- SaaS experience
- Gaming experience
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.