We’re looking for a
Senior Game Designer
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our creative teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to grow, and it’s an exciting time for the company! In order to realize our dreams, we are adding some more horse power to our game design team. As a Game Designer at Prodigy, we would be looking for you to lead and contribute to design efforts on new as well as existing features, ensuring that we craft an experience that challenges our students and provides them an opportunity to grow.
- You will help Prodigy provide an engaging, compelling experience to students across our grade spectrum
- You will help the game shift, evolve, and grow
- Through your design work, you will provide critical math confidence to students around the world
Who You Are:
- A devoted game designer, passionate about the craft
- Experienced in developing new features, as well as understanding and enhancing the design of existing features
- Able to communicate in a crystal clear fashion, with the ability to adapt your communication to ensure maximum uptake in your specific audience
- Meticulous with documentation, ensuring that all details are captured, and that anything captured is dependable
- Superior at facilitating conversation inside and outside your discipline
- Multiple major releases under your belt, with learnings from each one
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company
- Passionate about mentoring - you love passing on what you've learned as much as you love learning new things
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come As You Are We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.