We’re looking for a
Data Scientist, Revenue & Modelling
- Our Data and Finance teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do here, will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your analytics skills to not only help kids learn but also help our product and leadership teams to make better decisions.
- We are looking for an analytics expert to join our growing team. You will have the chance to apply your data analysis, modelling, and coding skills to help our Data, Finance, and Executive teams better understand our business, deliver insightful analytics, and contribute to building the best possible financial and company strategy.
- Help our Data and Finance team explore, analyze, and understand their data in order to better serve our business and our users.
- Design and develop a variety of metrics and mathematical / computational models to inform the impact of company activities and lines of business.
- Work on a variety of giant datasets, from their development and manipulation to visualizing them via polished dashboards.
- Collaborate to ensure financial data integrity and cross-team understanding.
- Work with business teams to identify opportunities and provide actionable insights.
- Communicate insights, analysis, and recommendations clearly and accurately to stakeholders with a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience with data analytics.
- Applied computational and mathematical model builder.
- Expert skills and knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Python or R programming languages.
- Demonstrated application of model-building and analytics to financially-relevant problems.
- A team and customer centric mindset.
- Passion and persistence for solving hard problems, balancing speed and depth for greatest value.
- Experience in business requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of solutions.
- Expertise in working with BI platforms.
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable steps.
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different projects with a variety of timelines.
- Love for our mission of helping kids everywhere enjoy learning.
Bonus Points For:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems.
- Experience with Stripe or similar transaction data.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze raw transaction, payments, and related data and work with developers, finance teams, and others to ensure correctness and accurate implementation of business logic.
- Expertise in forecasting, time series analysis, user segmentation, financial modelling.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Databricks.
- Experience working with A/B testing and experimentation, and applying statistical concepts.
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open source software contributions, and entrepreneurship.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.