We’re looking for a
Senior Game Developer
- Our game has grown from a small-scale application to one of the most played MMORPGs in the world. We need talented developers who can help us build and scale our game and platform to support even more students. We are looking for a Senior Game Developer who is passionate about game development and can use their knowledge and experience to build high quality game systems, identify opportunities for improvement or innovation in our technologies, and coach other developers on their team to level up their abilities.
- Design, develop, and maintain core game systems and features
- Collaborate with other specializations, including product managers, artists, and designers, to help create an engaging, polished and performant experience for our users
- Provide input on technical design, architecture, and product features
- Support and coach other developers on your team
Who You Are:
- Passionate about game development, and designing and building high quality software
- Experience working in the game development field (5+ years)
- Good understanding of design patterns, algorithms, memory management, and performance optimization
- Strong foundation in both scripting and strongly-typed object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to tackle new opportunities, and have a love for continuous learning
- Our game is built using a bespoke HTML5 game engine and editor built on top of PixiJS and written in TypeScript.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience developing game engines, frameworks or tools
- Experience developing games for the web
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.