We’re looking for a
Full Stack Developer, Education
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Our Development teams are scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company!
- As a Full-Stack Developer, your primary mission will be to architect and engineer critical components across a variety of micro-services and frontend experiences. In particular, you will be working on the educators products, our web portal that is used by teachers, students and their parents to manage their classroom rosters, assignment specific assessment algorithms to students, and review students progress through a collection of reports.
- Plan and build product features and enhancements which encompass the entire stack
- Write and maintain high quality, well tested, scalable and well-documented code
- Maintain and expand our GraphQL service
- Be the voice of technology and drive what important work needs to be done to maintain a healthy application
- Collaborate with high performance teams and help them continually improve their abilities
Who You Are:
- A good understanding of ES6 and HTML5
- Experience building and maintaining flexible backend services
- Passion for user experience, performance, and uptime
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
- Dedication to moving fast while maintaining a healthy code base
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, React Native, ES6
Bonus Points For:
- Ability to work with other programming languages
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with web accessibility best practices
- Security-minded approach to writing code and delivering solutions
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, RDS, CloudFront, S3, etc
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
- Experience with GraphQL or RESTful APIs.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.