We’re looking for a
Marketing Web Developer
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning.
- As a Full-Stack Web Developer, you’ll be part of a growing team that’s working to engage and activate users worldwide. You’ll work with our Marketing and Website teams to run experiments and implement new features that will drive user acquisition.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and implement plans for Prodigy’s digital channels – our website, in particular
- Improve our website users’ experience by working with our team to build new site features and optimize existing ones
- Develop landing pages, track their success and work with the team to iterate on them
- Spread the word about Prodigy and meet acquisition goals by creating effective features that increase student, teacher and parent acquisitions and activations
- Help Prodigy understand our users by creating and maintaining technical infrastructure that delivers key insights.
- You’ll make sure everything you’re building is highly impactful by running data-driven experiments and creating features through prototyping and experimentation.
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers, developers and product experts in an environment where frequent, honest feedback is a priority and your projects have a direct impact on Prodigy’s immediate and long-term success
- Combine in-house systems with automation tools from the sales and marketing teams, including HubSpot and Salesforce, and run automated unit and integration testing.
Who You Are:
- Experience with supporting marketing or static content pages
- Experience with implementing RESTful API endpoints
- Passion for user experience and rendering performance
- Knowledge of security and A11y/accessibility best practices and compliance
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
Our Core Technologies:
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Familiarity with ES6 and beyond
- Familiarity with Gatsby, Prismic of other Jamstack tech
- Strong technical/on-page SEO skills and familiarity with CRO best practices
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with version control using git
- Ability to work with other programming languages
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.