We’re looking for a
- A hyper-growth company requires a strong financial backbone. We are looking for someone who has the vision, initiative, and relationship management skills to streamline, enhance, and develop our financial reporting processes, operations, and systems towards scaling the Company. In this role, your mission will be to help provide financial reporting and analysis, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance and drive treasury management to support Prodigy’s rapid growth.
- Oversee and manage accounting, treasury, and tax functions
- Manage reconciliations to ensure timely closing of the month, quarter, and year
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages to C-suite and department managers
- Manage periodic financial processes and deliverables (e.g. payroll, billing, and payment, etc.)
- Research and document significant accounting policies
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and reporting
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive set of internal controls
- Maintain banking relationships, plan and execute the company's credit facility, foreign currency needs and hedging strategy
- Prepare tax filings, regulatory reporting, investor reporting, and own other compliance activities
- Manage our order-to-cash systems and processes to ensure that infrastructure is in place to support revenue-generating initiatives and new business lines
- Lead and act as our internal liaison for any external financial audits
- Perform other duties as required
Who You Are:
- 3-7 years of experience in a big 4 accounting firm, with a focus on tech
- 3-7 years in a financial reporting/controllership role, at a SaaS company
- Experience building and improving the financial reporting suite for a medium to large technology company
- Accounting designation (CPA), with a solid understanding of IFRS, US GAAP, ASPE
- Experience managing a team
- Experience overseeing audits
- Experience in corporate taxation and treasury management
- Impeccable analytical and computer skills, including relevant accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks, Netsuite, Expensify, etc.)
- Extremely organized and motivated self-starter
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with IFRS/US GAAP transitions
- Experience with the consolidation of multi-jurisdiction entities
- Experience with multi-jurisdiction tax compliance, including transfer pricing
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.