We’re looking for a
Creative Director (Game)
- To ensure the best-in-class experience for players, define, maintain, and communicate the creative vision for the game
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure proper positioning of the product, understand and build for our audience, and inform the vision using qualitative and quantitative data
- Ensure your concepts are unified to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements by working closely with other core team members
- Ensure design coherence and a fun player experience in the finished product
- Maintain creative support throughout the product's lifecycle
- Discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the team
- Develop strong relationships with leadership across the organization
- Motivate and inspire a team of game and product designers from diverse backgrounds
- Ensure design cohesion and best practices across the team, and to communicate these through documentation, presentations, and mentoring
- Act in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Experience managing creative and/or design teams in the video game industry for at least five years
- Knowledge of games-as-a-service design methodologies and experience building a living game for a large community
- Knowledge of how to develop and ship quality experiences on time and on budget It is you who leads from the front and sets a vision and strategy for the future that delivers today
- A solid understanding of design methodologies, workflows, and processes
- You enjoy seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally through coaching and mentoring
- Using data and research to inform decisions and measure outcomes is second nature to you
Our Core Technologies
- Backend: Node.js GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, React Native, ES6, Typescript
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centred around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.