We’re looking for a
Technical Director, Game
- Our game has grown from a small-scale application to one of the most played MMORPGs in the world, and we are looking for a talented engineer with strong leadership skills who can help us build and scale our game and platform to support even more students. We are looking for a Technical Director, Game who is passionate about game development and has the expertise needed to set a vision and strategy for our game tech to ensure it is capable of supporting our growing user-base and growing team of artists, designers, developers, and more.
- In our growing team, you will be a leader in setting the direction for our game platform and technologies, and be responsible for the overall architecture of our game products.
- You will collaborate with other developers to define architectural designs and technical documentation for reusable and performant code that we can be proud of, and that will enable our growing team to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in web game development. You will also collaborate with other specializations on our team (including product managers, artists, and designers) to ensure that what we are building and how we are building it serves their diverse needs as well.
- As a Technical Director, Game you will also work closely with our technical leadership to set the direction for our technologies, architecture, and core framework and tool development. Developing a game of this size for the web presents unique and exciting technical challenges and opportunities, and you will play a key role in helping us meet them.
Who You Are:
- Deep understanding of design patterns, algorithms, memory management, and performance optimization
- Extensive experience (10+ years) working in game development
- Strong foundation in both scripting and strongly-typed object-oriented languages
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar university programs or experience
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- An effective leader with the ability to help set a technical vision for your team
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to tackle new opportunities, and have a love for continuous learning
- An absolute passion for gaming and game development
Our Core Technologies:
Bonus Points For:
- Experience developing game engines, frameworks or tools
- Experience developing games for the web
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.