We’re looking for a
UX Design Lead, Game
- Our UX Design Lead will work closely with other leaders in game design, art, engineering, and product management to conceptualize, design, and iterate across all gameplay features and systems. You bring leadership experience in UX for games, championing user-centred design practices throughout the organization to ensure all aspects of the game feel cohesive, intuitive, and easy to use from day one.
- You will lead and grow a team to design intuitive user experiences for young students
- You will provide consistent coaching to help level up your team members and further their careers
- You will bridge communication gaps between multiple cross-functional teams like Game Design, Art, Development, QA, and Product Management
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing a team of 5+ designers
- 10+ years of experience designing digital experiences (3+ years in game industry)
- Thorough knowledge in game pipelines, design systems, and technical constraints designing for games
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists
- Fluent in best practices for interaction design, user-centred design processes, as well as demonstrable knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Experience working on a shipped title as a people manager
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience designing UX for young children
- Agile work flow experience
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.