We’re looking for a
Manager, Program Management
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. Operations at Prodigy is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones, and it’s an exciting time for the company! To continue our exponential growth, we are adding some more management power to our Program Management team. Reporting the Director of Strategic Operations, the Manager of Program Management oversees a team of program managers and champions Program Operations & Performance Excellence. She or he improves the program management discipline and its alignment across teams and departments. Program Management aims to align the outcome of strategic initiatives with the organization’s overall business objectives, with the intention of driving execution and improving organizational performance and operations.
- Establish a vision for program operations and performance excellence at Prodigy.
- Create playbooks to scale our ability to deliver on large-scale programs and to develop strategic competencies in execution.
- Grow and maintain a strong program management discipline across all programs at Prodigy.
- Support the inception of programs and OKRs, and ensure all programs are operationalized with a level of consistency.
- Build and execute an organization-wide change management plan for the adoption and use of program management best practices (Disciplined Agile/initiative management, JIRA, OKRs, etc.)
- Empower Program Managers to be proactive and strategic thinkers, problem solvers with a focus on delivery, business outcomes, and a customer-first mindset.
- Own and ensure the quality of enterprise program & initiative management artifacts and tools, as well as increasing adoption and implementing improvements.
- Establish and improve portfolio and program KPIs that reflect the performance of the Program Management team.
- Ensure Program Managers are able to drive execution and delivery, as well as focus on business outcomes.
- Through 1:1s and consistent coaching, help level up your team members and further their career development.
- Bridge communication gaps between multiple cross-functional teams across the organization and recommend improvements to collaboration.
- Work with stakeholders to provide product and operational reporting and analysis to include proactively defining, monitoring, and analyzing key performance metrics.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years growing and managing a team of Program Managers
- 5 + years of program/project management experience in software development organizations (preferably SAAS)
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker that can operationalize business units to realize and align with corporate objectives
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a passion for empowering teams to deliver amazing products and experiences
- Self-motivated and critical thinker with a drive for operational excellence
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle and agile delivery
Bonus Points For:
- Agile work flow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.