We’re looking for a
Online Math Coach - Remote
- Are you a passionate mathematics educator looking for a new challenge with some flexibility? Here at Prodigy, we are establishing a new product to bring effective, fun, 1-to-1 learning to students everywhere! Our Prodigy Math Coaches are exemplary educators who know their math, and know how to make it fun for kids. They are excellent listeners and coaches, enabling students to reach their potential, and assuring parents that their students are building the skills and confidence they need to be successful.
- Our Math Coaches can work from anywhere they have a stable internet connection. We are looking for passionate educators with a high degree of independence and flexibility.
- Location* This is a remote independent contractor opportunity.
- Hours* a minimum commitment of 10 hours/week of availability is required (hours worked will be based on demand and can fluctuate - there is an opportunity for more than 10 hours/week if your availability & session demand permits).
- You will coach students in mathematics, helping them with homework, building skills, or extending the curriculum
- You will work with families to define learning goals and report progress on those goals
- You will engage with new clients to understand their needs
- You will spark joy in learning and math confidence
- You will build relationships with students and families and retain clients for the long-term
- You will contribute to a team and help define and improve our new product
Who You Are:
- You are a certified teacher looking to share your passion for math outside of the classroom
- You have a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Education
- You have experience in and are qualified to teach grades 1-8 math
- You have an engaging, encouraging and supportive teaching style
- You are comfortable demonstrating the value of tutoring to parents
- You work independently and are adaptable to any situation
- You have a strong ability to problem solve
- You have excellent communication and rapport building skills
- You have the willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
- You have a customer service mindset
- You want a role that provides flexibility
- You are available to work days, evenings and/or weekends
- You are available to work a minimum of 10 hours/week
- You have access to a quiet spot from which to tutor
- High speed, stable internet connection
- Apple or Windows PC or Laptop
- High quality laptop camera OR webcam
- High quality built in microphone OR headset
- Proficient with technology and online tools (eg. G-suite, Excel, Zoom)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience using Prodigy in the classroom
- Understanding of Common Core State Standards and/or American teaching experience
- An interest in educational technology
- Major or Minor in Mathematics (Preferred, but not a must)
- Experience as a tutor (in-person or online)
- Experience or training with students of varying levels and different needs
What We Offer:
- Ability to work remotely, from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have a stable wi-fi connection
- Set your own hours
- Opportunity to directly impact students all over the world
- Work for one of the coolest math education companies on the planet!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.