We’re looking for a
Game Design Director
- Build and maintain an inspiring game vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Lead a team of game and product designers in designing, implementing, tuning, and balancing game systems, economies, and progression
- Identify problems that are worth solving and articulate solutions that build to a highly integrated game experience
- Work collaboratively with Producers, Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and cross-functional teams to facilitate well planned and executed features
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Manage a team of game and product designers to further their careers through consistent constructive feedback and coaching
- You have a passion for games: playing them, creating them, and want to be in an atmosphere where your contributions can shape the gaming industry!
- 6+ years of Game Design experience in PC, Web and/or Mobile games
- Design sensibilities and hard skills, able to not only break down game design systems, but also articulate them to others in language appropriate for the audience
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to organized game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Exposure and confidence in identifying and analyzing KPIs then providing action items to ensure the sustainability of your game from a revenue and growth perspective
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion - you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
Working at Prodigy
- Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning! Together we are improving accessibility to education for students worldwide, and that’s what drives us to do our best everyday. Our culture centred around having a Growth Mindset and Extreme Ownership enables us to do great work while developing ourselves and each other in the process. As one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in North America, we have won industry accolades, including being named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021. Prodigy employees enjoy competitive total rewards including stock options and health benefits, as well as a learning and wellness fund. We value the importance of togetherness and host frequent and fun team events to stay connected and build relationships. Our hybrid work arrangement gives employees the flexibility to choose whether they work from home or in-office based on what works best for them on any given day.
- Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers on Twitter and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.