We’re looking for a
- Technical leadership that will enable our Developers to improve the product and ship code faster with better non-functional requirements (quality in general, availability, performance, security, etc.)
- Bridge communication gaps between multiple cross-functional product and technology teams like Product, Art, UX & Design, Development, and QA, GraphQL API gateway related services
- You will lead the charge in at least one of the following while showing interest and progression on the others over time: Identity-related services, Payments-related services, GraphQL API related services
- Experienced Technical Leadership with a proven track record of success working with product teams
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company
- A strong technical leader with the ability to set a technical vision for your team and lead them to strong execution and delivery
- Providing exceptional technical mentorship is your passion - you thrive seeing your team members develop and progress
- Open to taking on new technical challenges and have a love for continuous learning
- Identity: Identity and Access Management. Protocols such as OAuth 2.0 and OIDC and associated tools/technologies.
- Payments: Payments and Tax systems (ideally Stripe)
- GraphQL: GraphQL as an API gateway
Our Core Technologies
- Backend: Python (Django), Ruby (Rails), Go, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Kubernetes, Lambda
- Frontend: React, React Native, ES6
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
Working at Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one!
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.