We’re looking for a
Associate Director, Social Media and Community
- Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every student in the world to LOVE learning.
- Prodigy seeks an Associate Director, Social Media and Community Management to lead the growth and development of our engaging online communities for Teachers, Parents, and Students.
- In this role, you will lead our Social Media, Customer Advocacy, and User Communities to drive brand awareness and engagement, product usage, and supercharge advocacy for Prodigy.
- As the Associate Director, Social Media and Community Management, you will define all organic community strategies to drive marketing outcomes and deliver incredible experiences to our customers.
- You will partner with teams across the company including Product, Creative, Brand, and Sales to develop and implement effective community marketing strategies that drive company growth.
- Reporting to the Sr. Director of Media, you are a highly creative, decisive, hands-on, and strategic professional with a positive attitude.
- You will lead a team of four individuals who manage our key digital community programs for teachers, parents, and students.
- You will not shy away from new challenges and you are eager to grow and develop yourself and your team.
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A 14 MONTH MAT LEAVE CONTRACT
- Lead the management of our Social Media and Customer Advocacy programs, including our teacher advocate hub, Facebook user groups, and organic social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest)
- Be a leader within marketing, working with various teams within Prodigy to drive growth efforts and create amazing experiences for our customersCreate, strategize and execute compelling social media and community marketing campaigns and initiatives to drive marketing outcomes
- Deliver on Prodigy’s mission of helping every student in the world love learning by driving brand awareness and supporting and enabling our online user communities
- Contribute to Prodigy’s exponential growth as we build the world’s leading education platform
Who You Are:
- Experienced leader with 7+ years of work experience in social media and community management with proven success developing and managing digital marketing communities and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- A highly creative and effective communicator with experience developing compelling campaigns and integrated marketing strategies for digital channels
- Highly experienced in managing social community channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook Groups, as well as a community of brand advocates or ambassadors
- Experience developing and executing strategies for new and emerging social platforms
- Strong strategic thinker with problem-solving, technical, and analytical skillsAbility to stay highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced work environment, with proven capability to manage everything from strategy to detail
- A clear passion for the consumer, driven by insights to create and deliver engaging campaigns and customer experiences
- Collaborates effectively in cross-functional team environments, bringing the voice of the customer to marketing and product strategies
- Deep knowledge of analytics available on all social platforms and the ability to pull actionable insights out of the data to inform strategic decisions
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company and has thrived in this kind of environment.
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, with a love for continuous learning
Our Core Technologies:
- Sprout Social
- Influitive AdvocateHub
- Facebook Groups
- Google Analytics
Bonus Points For:
- Education Tech experience
- SaaS experience
- Social listening tool experience
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.