We’re looking for a
Business Analytics Lead
- Our data team is scaling rapidly as we continue to hit our product and growth milestones! The work you do will aid the educational advancement of millions of students. You will have the chance to apply your data skills to not only help kids learn but also help our development and customer teams to make better decisions.
- As the Business Analytics Lead at Prodigy, we are looking to you to lead a team to help design and develop data strategies to understand our Marketing, Finance, and Sales domains. You and your team will collaborate across departments and teams, deliver insightful analytics, ensure we are answering the right questions, and give the best possible experience to our users.
- We are looking for an experienced candidate who is great at both leading people and solving hard business problems. You should be comfortable working hands-on with your team, and coaching and supporting their growth and delivery. You should also be a master at translating between business questions and analytics, and delivering actionable insights that drive business value.
- Ensure that you co-develop high-value business questions with your stakeholders, and deliver good answers to them with your team
- Support and mentor team members, and scale up the team and its effectiveness
- Contribute cross-functionally to business analytics and financial and marketing strategy, including with the Executive team
- Help our teams explore, analyze, and understand our business and user data to find the best possible ways of serving them
Who You Are:
- Extensive experience in leading teams and growing people
- Extensive data science and analytics experience (dashboarding, SQL, metrics financial models, applied statistics, etc)
- Expertise in business analytics, and in user analytics (segmentation, user profiling, user modelling)
- Demonstrated ability in technical mentorship and management
- Expert skills and knowledge of traditional data tools (Python, R, SQL)
- Knowledge of distributed computing and architecture (Spark)
- Expertise in working with BI platforms (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
- Ability to translate data insights into actionable advice for our teams and value for our users
- Demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems
- Love for our mission of helping every child in the world love learning
Bonus Points For:
- Ph.D., MSc, or BS in a quantitative field (Engineering, Computer Science, Stats, Mathematics)
- Experience in cloud ecosystems and their data tooling (AWS, GCP)
- Significant accomplishments that required both technical and strategic capabilities, such as research projects, open-source software contributions, and entrepreneurship
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.