We’re looking for a
Senior 2D Game Production Artist
- In the last 7 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 50,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
- Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better.
- As a Senior 2D Production Artist at Prodigy, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects spanning from painting backgrounds, creating gear, unique items, splash pages, prop design, and map making projects!
- Beyond the list, we also have character concepts, VFX, and map making projects that you could use as a learning opportunity! You will be able to apply your skills of bringing art to life and create a thrilling experience for kids to enjoy while playing our game.
- Liaising with lead designers and developers regarding the style and feel of the game
- Researching references and resources required to produce the assets of the game
- Sketching concept designs and key elements of the visual style
- Creating 2D models of all assets in line with the technical limits of the game engine
- Applying textures to all visual elements and Adding lighting and shading effects to all elements, ensuring consistency in color, intensity and lighting levels
- Producing prototypes for testing & responsible for contributing charming artwork for students to enjoy
- Your technical skills will help unify and solidify the art direction and consistency within the game
- Through effective communication and being open to feedback, you will develop yourself and your team to be stronger performers
- You would have the chance to further develop junior artists within the team
- You help to manage and organize projects as they come into the workflow and see them through
- Maintaining production documentation while Advising on new technologies
- Problem solving both creative and technical issues
- Adhering to the production schedule
- Curating and cataloguing of asset library
- Designing with the user experience in mind
- Spine (not mandatory)
Who You Are:
- A diligent seasoned 2D Production Artist with over 5 years experience in a professional environment, passionate about exploring new art techniques, and creating thrilling work for kids of varying ages
- A minimum of 3 years to 5 years experience within the Game industry & proficient in Spine, Photoshop, Illustrator and Tiled preferred
- Prior experience working closely with game designers and game developers is a plus
- Experienced with leading or being responsible for high quality artwork, especially for game industry and have a proven track record of success
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- Coaching and collaboration is your passion - you thrive on working together with your team and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.