We’re looking for a
Senior 2D Game Animator
- In the last 7 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 50,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning math while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
- Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better.
- As a Senior 2D Animator at Prodigy, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects spanning from Character animations to spell-casting and VFX, to UI animation, and more. Beyond animation, we also have character design, prop and gear design, and map-making projects! You will be able to apply your skill of bringing art to life and create a thrilling experience for kids to enjoy while playing our game.
- You will be responsible for contributing charming animations for students to enjoy
- Through effective communication and being open to feedback, you will develop yourself and your team to be stronger performers
Who You Are:
- A diligent animator with a minimum of 5 years of experience creating 2D animation while being passionate about exploring new art techniques, and creating thrilling work
- Passionate about bringing life to characters and providing high-quality animation to the game
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company
- Collaborating with a team - you thrive on working together with your team and developing personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Toon boom
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like working from home ? Prodigy is office optional!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.