What’s it like to be a Prodigy Intern?
- Prodigy Culture
At Prodigy, we are all about learning and growth! After all, our mission is to help every student in the world love learning. That same passion is at the heart of our internship program. Our co-op students come from all across Canada to jumpstart their careers on our Engineering, Data and Marketing teams.
In this guide, you’ll learn about what Prodigy’s internship program offers, get a peek into our interview process and learn some tips for success.
How does Prodigy's internship program work?
Prodigy’s internship program fosters student career growth through:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Mentorship and learning
Meaningful and impactful work
Students do important work that makes a difference for our end users. You contribute as a full team member, taking on real challenges, projects and finding solutions that will help our teams achieve their goals.
We believe doing the work yourself is the best way to learn. Taking ownership over your work is a key component of our program. With guidance and the right tools, we trust you to own your project, make decisions and learn from mistakes.
Mentorship and Learning
We’re invested in your learning and development during your time with us. Your mentor-mentee relationship is structured to include:
- Weekly 1:1 meetings to guide your learning.
- An end of term performance review.
- Consistent feedback and coaching along the way.
You’ll also learn from others in the department or company through:
- Paired programming opportunities.
- Cross-team collaboration and projects.
- Weekly team meetings that give you insight into the team’s work, and an opportunity to get involved or ask questions.
You can also drive your own learning through full access to our internal database of learning resources. This will allow you to expand your knowledge within your chosen domain.
Acing your Interview
Our interview process consists of 3 stages:
- Resume application.
- One-way video interview, responding to a series of five questions for our Recruiters.
- A technical interview with hiring managers via Zoom. All interview questions are related to your skills, experience, values, and goals.
Here are some tips from our co-op students on how to prepare for your interviews:
- Research the company — Understand the company’s mission and what problems they are trying to solve. This will show interviewers that you want the job and help you confirm that this is a company you want to work for.
- Understand the requirements and prepare examples — Note the job responsibilities and what skills are required. Then refamiliarize yourself with previous personal and school projects, to provide some examples of when you demonstrated those skills.
- Practice coding challenges — If you’re interviewing for an engineering position, you will have a coding challenge as part of your interview. Practicing these in advance will help you get in the proper mindset to code and focus directly on the implementation to avoid making small mistakes.
- Ask questions — Prepare some questions to understand what the internship experience would be like. This will help you know what to expect if you land the position!
Are you excited about an internship at Prodigy? We’d love to hear from you! Check out open positions here, and stay up to date with news and announcements on Linkedin. We look forward to connecting with you!