How to Increase Time on Task with Prodigy’s Focus Mode and Leaderboard FeaturesAll Posts
Written By Maria Kampen
- Prodigy School
This back-to-school season, Prodigy is unlocking two exciting new tools for all teachers: Focus Mode and updated Leaderboard features!
When you turn on Focus Mode, students are invited to visit Tower Town, a brand-new Prodigy world! And as they learn, you can use updated Leaderboard features to track their progress and even inspire a little healthy competition in the classroom.
In Tower Town, students answer adaptive math questions to build unique towers and master new math skills. Students can’t access the rest of the Prodigy world while Focus Mode is on, helping them concentrate on math uninterrupted and answer up to double the math questions.
While every student can access Tower Town at home and at school, only Focus Mode keeps them there and encourages them to answer more math questions.
Turn on Focus Mode today!
Complete assessments faster with Focus Mode
When you set up an Assignment, Plan or Test Prep and turn on Focus Mode, students are instantly transported to the Infinity Tower. There, they’ll work on building a never-ending tower that stretches high up into the sky, until the assessment is completed.
- Log into your teacher dashboard.
- Go to the Assessments tool
- Start by choosing the type of assessment you want to create. Test Preps get students ready for standardized tests, Assignments quiz students on a given skill, and Plans allow students to work through skills at their own pace. For this example, let’s create an Assignment.
- Choose your curriculum and grade level from the drop-down menus, then select the skills you want to quiz students on.
- Select the number of questions you want students to answer from each skill.
- Name your Assignment and choose which students you want to send it to.
- Choose the start and end date, then select Create.
- Navigate to your teacher dashboard by selecting Dashboard in the left-hand menu.
- In the Student Usage widget, select Turn On under Focus Mode.
- Have students play Prodigy! They’ll work on building their own Infinity Tower until they’ve completed the Assignment. Once they’re done, they’ll continue to build in Tower Town.
- Focus Mode automatically turns off after an hour
- Focus Mode is only available for students playing at school during regular school hours
Now you’re all ready to go!
Don’t have an assessment running? Students will still be transported to Tower Town, where they can build and decorate creative towers, answer up to double the adaptive math questions and even play our new mini-game, Floatling Fling.
Track student math progress with new Leaderboard features
Now all teachers can use their Leaderboard to see how many questions students answered at school or at home! Engage your students with fun competition every day and see a snapshot of how many questions they’ve answered correctly.
To access your new Leaderboard features, follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your Prodigy teacher dashboard and select the classroom you want to see data for.
- View the leaderboard in your teacher dashboard and use the drop down menu to select Correct answers, Questions answered at home or Questions answered at school.
Use Focus Mode and your Leaderboard to motivate your students to master even more math skills, whether they’re exploring Tower Town or the rest of the Prodigy world.
Log in and turn on Focus Mode today to start seeing the results!